Subject: English Language
Instruction : Choose the option that best conveys the meaning of the underlined portion in the following sentence;
1. The State government appointed a commission of inquiry to go into the community’s complaints carefully and without prejudice (a) investigate(b)search(c)look for(d)account for (d)ascertain.
2. The result of her experiment represents a break through in medical science(a) an outstanding success (b) catastrophe(c) an end to such experiment(d) breaking point(e)a way through.
3. He was appointed specifically to put the recruits through (a) assign them to work (b)train them(c)discipline them(d) assist them(e) supervise them at work.
4. All her plan fell through (a) failed(b)were accomplished (c) had to be reviewed(d) were rejected (e) fell.
5. The bill has to wait as we are now insolvent (a)overworked(b)bankrupt(c)unsettled(d)insoluble (e ) affluent
6. There is some obvious symmetry in the whole presentation (a) confusion (b) hesitation(c)excitement (d ) orderliness (e) dissatisfaction.
7. His jail term were to run concurrently (a) simultaneously (b) uniformly(c) laboriously (d) consecutively (e ) judiciously.
8. From the ways my friend talks, you can see he is such a bore (a) rude (b)brilliant (c) uninteresting (d) humorous.